How to get from LAX Airport to Palm Springs
Ride Share Options
A Lyft or Uber from LAX to Palm Springs can cost $200 - $400, depending on the day / time.
- Uber and Lyft are good choices for 3-4 people traveling together
- It can be more cost effective and the fastest option if not renting a car.
Public Transportation Options
Option one: Combination Flyaway Bus and Amtrak Service
Take the Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station in downtown Los Angeles:
- All FlyAway®buses drop off passengers on Upper/ Departures Level in front of each terminal at LAX
- Passengers board buses on the Lower/Arrivals Level curbside in front of each terminal under the green “FlyAway®, Buses and Long Distance Vans” sign.
- Current one-way fare to Union Station from LAX is $9.75 (price subject to change)
- The FlyAway® bus service accepts American Express, MasterCard and Visa debit or credit cards. Cash is NOT accepted on any route.
- Cash and credit cards may be used to purchase FlyAway® tickets from all Metrolink ticket vending machines for service at the Union Station location.
Then take Route 91 Amtrak from Union Station to Fullerton, CA: www.amtrak.com
- In the booking section, type “LAX “in the “From” field which indicates you will board the train at Union Station in Los Angeles. Type “PSP” in the “To” field which indicates you will be dropped off at the Palm Springs International Airport.
- The Amtrak “Pacific Surfliner” route picks up at Union Station and will take you as far as Fullerton, CA.
- This train takes about 45 minutes.
- Once at the Fullerton station, transfer from the Amtrak train to the Amtrak coach bus.
- The coach bus takes you to Palm Springs International Airport where you can rent a car, take a taxi or order a Lyft or Uber to get to your hotel. Check with your hotel to see if they offer shuttle service.
Option Two: Take the Greyhound bus
Greyhound Customer Service: www.greyhound.com or call (800) 231-2222
Greyhound offers connecting service to the Palm Springs area 4 times daily.
The Los Angeles Station is located at:
Los Angeles Greyhound Station
1716 E 7TH ST
Los Angeles, CA 90021
Main: (213) 629-8401
Customer Service: (213) 629-8536
The two Greyhound bus stops near Palm Springs are located at:
Thousand Palms Bus Station
72-480 Varner Rd
Thousand Palms, CA 92276
(Bus stop only)
Approximately 12 mile drive to Palm Springs from this stop.
Indio Bus Station
83 100 Indio Blvd
Indio, CA 92201
Tel: (760) 347-5888
Approximately 25 mile drive to Palm Springs from this stop.
Shuttle and Limo Service Options
Rent a Vehicle
Enterprise Rent-A-Car (866) 502-1260 http://www.enterprise.com/
Hertz (800) 654-3131 http://www.hertz.com/
Alamo (800) 462-5266 http://www.alamo.com/
Budget Rent-A-Car (800) 527-0700 http://www.budget.com/
Thrifty (800) 847-4389 http://www.thrifty.com/
DRIVE TO PALM SPRINGS
The minimum age to rent a car in California is 21, although drivers under 25 will be subject to a surcharge, and a current, valid license is required.
Use Google Maps to get turn by turn directions. https://www.google.com/maps
In general it is approximately a 100 mile drive.
Head east on I10 about 90 miles.
Slight right exit to Highway CA-111
After about 10 miles you’ll merge onto North Palm Canyon.
Continue onto North Palm Canyon and you will be in downtown Palm Springs.
Fly LAX to PSP
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) www.palmspringsairport.com
“One of the Top 10 Most Stress-Free Airports in America”, Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) has non-stop flights from 18 cities and welcomes visitors from over 500 destinations worldwide. Many luxury travelers include Palm Springs in a larger itinerary spanning the American West.
Private Helicopter Charter
Servicing Southern California, Phoenix, Vegas.
Seats up to four passengers including luggage.
Starting at $700/hr. Drinks included.
Multi-day packages available.
Private Jet Services
These services deliver support services for business and private travelers with a variety of world-class amenities and exceptional customer service.
Signature Elite www.signatureeliteclass.com
Desert Jet www.desertjet.com
Early Air www.theearlyairway.com