Keeping Everyone Safe While Visiting
What you can expect
While visiting Palm Springs, we want to assure you we have implemented significant measures to make you feel comfortable so you can enjoy Palm Springs and the surrounding area during your visit. Everyone are required to wear masks. Here are some health and safety measures you can expect during you stay.
Note Updated City Order Regarding Wearing Face Masks (July 2) - Masks are required when inside or outside any business. This includes all sidewalks along Palm Canyon and Indian Canyon.
Exploring Palm Springs
Have a face cover with you when exploring Palm Springs. You are not required to wear them in open spaces provided you are practicing social distancing. You must use your face cover when in any business building.
Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs
Agua Caliente Casino is open and welcoming guests with reduced occupancy at 50% capacity. You will see the following changes throughout the casino:
- Centralized guest entry and screening that includes state-of-the-art temperature kiosks for guests and team members.
- Social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet. Chairs at table games have been reconfigured.
- All guests and team members are required to wear face-covering throughout the casino
- Increased and enhanced cleaning of all touch-point areas including restrooms, countertops, slot machines, door handles, etc.
- The Agua Clean Teams will provide sanitation services throughout the casino on a constant basis and will available immediately upon guest requests.
- More hand-sanitizer stations throughout the casino.
The golf courses are open and have implemented many new measures to keep you safe while enjoying the game.
- Reservations are required for all golfers
- Prepayment is offered and required for peak times. All other times it is preferred to ensure limited contact between guests and team members.
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes in advance of your tee time. This will ensure that a limited number of people will be around the clubhouse premises at any given time. It will allow adequate time and space to check in guests, assign carts that have been sanitized and ensure that the first tee is running on time.
- Restrooms and high-touch areas are disinfected frequently.
- Maintain recommended social distance of at least 6 feet from others.
- Golfers must have adequate face covering with them at all times. Face covering must be worn at all times around the clubhouse area and when approaching others. Face covering may be removed when out on the golf course, provided social distance is maintained and the face covering can be readily reapplied when required.
- Carts are single use. If persons from the same household wish to ride together, they may. Carts are sanitized before and after each use (steering wheel, dash board, arm rests, roof top safety handles, golf bag straps/fasteners and seats).
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant are available for guest use at the clubhouse.
- Load and unload your clubs only; staff is not permitted to assist.
- One group at a time is permitted to be on the tee box.
- Please bring your own bottled water and a small personal cooler.
- A ball in the bunker may be played as it lies, or moved and placed within the bunker without penalty.
- Retrieval of golf balls from adjacent private residences is prohibited. You may choose stroke and distance, or you may play as a lateral hazard and place a replacement ball on the turf side of the cart path with one stroke penalty.
- No flagstick may be touched or removed from any hole on the golf course.
Hotels & Resorts
Hotels and resorts are open and ready to welcome you. Some of their enhanced safety measures include;
- Extra disinfection of high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for properties with a fitness center
- Reduced paper amenities in rooms
- Minimal contact or contactless check-in and check-out
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
NOTE: Indoor dining is currently suspended . Patio dining is still open where available.
We are fortunate to have many outdoor patios and spaces to enjoy a meal or drink. Please wear a face cover when entering, exiting, or anytime you are not at your table. You do not need to wear your mask while at your table. You must also wear you mask when the server is at your table.
- Dining rooms are reconfigured for social distancing
- Use of paper or paperless menus. Some restaurants use QR codes to access the menu on your phone or tablet, like LuLu Palm Springs
- Condiments are provided on request in individual packets
- Surfaces are consistently disinfected
- Enhanced cleaning measures for tabletops and all frequently-touched surfaces
Wear a face cover when in any retail store or business and practice social distancing. lso honor any posted occupancy limits.
- Enhance housekeeping is implemented including cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Employees wear a mask
- Many offer curbside pick-up if you would prefer not to enter the store
- Workers are trained in proper hygiene practices
Wear a face covering in any public transportation including buses, taxis and other taxi style service.
Vacation rentals are open and offer a great way to enjoy Palm Springs with your own pool and kitchen without worrying about social distancing from other guests. Enhanced safety and cleaning measures include:
- Cleaning teams wear gloves and masks prior to and during the cleaning at the property. In addition, cleaning teams also follow CDC guidelines on avoiding close contact and adhering to frequent hand washing.
- Use of sanitizer and cleaners and disinfectants during the cleaning process
- High touch items such as remotes, cabinets, and door handles are being disinfected multiple times during the cleaning process.
- Towels and linens are placed in plastic protectants post laundering and are removed once they are ready for installation at the property
- Hand sanitizers are provided on-site for guest use
Palm Springs Police Hotline
If you find yourself in an unsafe situation due to lack of social distancing, face coverings, or large group gatherings, please contact the Palm Springs Police hotline.