Sunday, April 23, 2017; 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM
37977 Bob Hope Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA, 92270
P: 760-202-2283, Visit Website, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The public is invited to Sunnylands Center & Gardens
for “Family Day: In the Gardens,” a day of free activities and displays
focusing on desert critters, birds, and flowers from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on
Sunday, April 23.
Our two-page Family Garden Guide provides at-a-glance information on birds and plants
in the Sunnylands Gardens, nine acres of desert landscaping that was inspired
by Vincent van Gogh’s Impressionist painting, Olive Trees, and features more
than 70 species of native and arid-adapted plants and 1.25 miles of walking
On Family Day, birding expert Phil Parker will lead hour-long Family Bird Walks
in the Gardens at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Other activities include:
• Botanical drawing for children and adults with Tania Maren, founding editor
of the web site, Art Plantae.
• Monarch butterfly, insect, desert critter and bird exploration
• Craft flowers using recyclable materials with the S.C.R.A.P. Gallery’s Karen
• Taking a self-guided audio tour of the Gardens.
• Making paper lanterns in the Center.
• Playing with toys and games on the Great Lawn.
• Relaxing with Time-out Totes, bags stuffed with blankets and activity and
View All Upcoming Events