There’s a reason the desert is buzzing about the latest restaurant to open its doors in Palm Springs. Not only is Hacienda Cantina & Beach Club offering a fresh take on Mexican cuisine and a tequila menu that can’t be beat, but the poolside playground is also offering you a chance to cool off to Goldenvoice-curated events like the highly anticipated Splash House.
Check out the tasty details on Palm Springs’ newest restaurant below:
- Formerly the Cedar Creek Inn, the Hacienda Cantina & Beach Club is one of the latest designs by renowned Palm Springs architect Chris Pardo of Elemental Architecture. The restaurant draws its inspiration from the Spanish missions of California’s past, contrasting these historic designs with a modern, Mexican-influenced aesthetic.
- Murals throughout the restaurant and pool area are the handiwork of local artists Alex Pasante and Angelina Christina. Christina was also one of the artists who collaborated on the mural outside of Bar on North Palm Canyon.
- Hacienda Cantina & Beach Club sits on South Palm Canyon Drive in the South Palm Springs neighborhood, just a few minutes from Downtown Palm Springs.
- Chipotle Pomegranate Guacamole: Sure, you’ve had guacamole before, but you’ve never tasted a dip quite like this. Hacienda’s house guacamole is mixed with fresh pomegranate and chipotle peppers to create a smoky, sweet and buttery guacamole, served with fresh, house-fried tortillas.
- Yellowtail Ceviche: Get a taste of Baja in the heart of the desert with Hacienda’s ceviche, which features fresh yellowtail, onion, tomato, peppers and cilantro, served with fresh, house-fried tortillas.
- Carne Asada Tacos: Tender beef, smoked corn and cabbage slaw, queso fresco and cilantro are piled into crispy corn tortillas and served with pickled veggies and a side of black or pinto beans.
- Adobo Flat Iron Steak: Tender Niman Ranch steak is cooked to perfection with chipotle butter and cilantro, then served with seasonally fresh sides. Depending on what ingredients are freshest locally, your sides might include calabasitas (squash and corn tossed and seasoned) or a savory sweet potato mash.
- Chicken Salad: Shredded chicken and boiled egg sit atop a bed of mixed greens and iceberg lettuce, topped with avocado, tomato and tomatillo dressing. This is one salad that definitely won’t leave you hungry.
- Eggs Benedict: This brunch favorite is reinvented with a Baja twist at Hacienda. Fresh, melt-in-your-mouth cornbread takes the place of the traditional English muffin, and the green chile hollandaise is out of this world.
- Tequila: Tequila is the drink de rigueur at Hacienda Cantina and Beach Club, where the house tequila is none other than Casa Nobles. An infusion of Casa Nobles and several peppers gives cocktails at Hacienda a spicy-yet-subtle kick.
- Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita: A little sweet and a little spicy, Hacienda’s strawberry jalapeno margarita is easily one of the top creations on the house cocktail menu. Infused with fresh strawberries and just a hint of jalapeno, this margarita features Cointreau, Agavero (a tequila liqueur) and lime juice.
- Tequila Flights: With a tequila menu spanning dozens of blancos, anejos and reposados, it might be hard to know where to start. Luckily, Hacienda makes it easy with its customizable tequila flights. Enjoy four one-ounce pours from the extensive tequila menu. Feeling overwhelmed? Let the bartender handpick a flight suited to your tastes.
Take a seat
- If you’re dining inside, you’ll have your choice of three separate dining areas: the Lounge, the Cantina and the Dining Room. Outside, you can hang out at the pool bar or have food delivered to a private poolside cabana.
- Reservations are recommended for poolside cabanas, as well as during dinner and weekend brunch.
Address: 1555 South Palm Canyon Drive
Phone: (760) 778-8954