For an entertaining place to go to unplug and get outdoors in Palm Springs’ sunny winter weather, families can turn to the California Winter League, Palm Springs Power Baseball’s regular season prequel, happening everyday from Thursday, January 23rd,to Sunday, February 16th, 2014.
This brief, 4-week instructional showcase is a great opportunity to see professional-level players performing at their best, up-close within a more intimate hometown stadium atmosphere and without the high ticket price of a typical major league game. The 10 teams playing in this season’s California Winter League are made up of current professional and free agent baseball players from all over the world who have come for a chance to play in front of professional scouts and professional league instructors. Team managers are also all former Major League players. Baseball schedule >>>
Considering all of the Major League elements, it’s pretty incredible that there’s a deal on admission for every day of the week that everyone can take advantage of, whether you’re a local or from out of town, making the cash spent on attending the games almost non-existent:
- Monday: Out of Towners’ Day featuring $2 admission with out-of-area ID
- Tuesday: 2-For Tuesday with 2-for-1 admission and $2 drinks, hot dogs, and Bud/Bud Light beer
- Wednesday: $1 Admission Day For All Fans
- Thursday: Group Day with $10 admission for groups of up to 10 people
- Friday: Locals’ Day featuring $2 admission with Coachella Valley ID
- Saturday: $1 Beer Day (Bud or Bud Light)
- Sunday: Canadian Residents’ Day featuring $2 admission with Canadian ID
With the exception of bye days on February 2nd and February 12th, there are 5 games daily during the month-long season, and each day’s ticket admission grants you access to all games that day.
California Winter League takes place at the Palm Springs Power Stadium at 1901 E. Baristo Road in Palm Springs, CA. For more information, visit California Winter League online.