If there was ever an event to break the misconception that Palm Springs isn’t kid-friendly, it’s the 4th Annual Crafting Community at the uniquely-hip Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs. From Friday, October 4th, through Sunday, October 6th, 2013, families looking to reconnect will once again take over the entire Ace Hotel compound for three days of relaxation and fun-focused activities with one aim in mind: to savor the natural qualities of family togetherness, unplugged from technology and in tune with each other.
Hosted by Crafting Community, an experienced ensemble of creative partners who are parents themselves, the long-weekend retreat is about making things and making memories. Inviting like-minded brands, artists, and designers, such as Converse and One Kings Lane, to lead individual activities, the event collaborators acknowledge kids’ energy, creativity, and capacity for enjoying more than just coloring books. Well-designed craft activities utilizing textiles, wood, leather, rope, and beads promote cooperation between children and parents as they make things, encourage kids’ confidence, and allow for invaluable bonding experiences between generations. Crafting Community’s hope is that families will walk away wanting to share a “message of together-time and to incorporate their new-found passion for the handmade into their daily lives.”
The three-day itinerary also includes Skateboarding 101 with a pro-skater, age-targeted workout sessions, underwater photography classes, family game night under the stars, and a late night Desert Disco dance party DJed by DJ Muggs, formerly of Cypress Hill.
All-inclusive packages are still available and can be booked online at Crafting Community’s Eventbrite page. Reservations are limited, and it’s strongly suggested to book as early as possible. All packages include:
For more information, visit Crafting Community online.
- (2) night stay (accommodations, resort fees + taxes)
- (2) days of art workshops (more than 20!) led by renowned artists
- (2) days of recreation activities led by professional instructors
- All food and beverage including*: (2) full breakfasts, (1) full lunch, Daily snacks, Welcome taco dinner, Saturday night family BBQ, and Ice cream social
- A custom Crafting Community tote filled with premium goodies!
- Sunrise Yoga + complimentary bike rentals + game night
- Unlimited pool access
- Onsite Toy Lab + Lending Library
- Storytime under the stars with Milk + Bookies
- All the fun and creativity a family can handle!!!!